Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Some more parts showing up, including my wheels, and my custom 13.5” carbon fiber steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dang man, you’re getting a bunch of cool toys. Hurry up and finish this thing so I can drool over pics.
Haha thanks Man. I am building this thing as a true custom. With a nod to the Ring Brothers style of building. Not at all keeping anything original style. Just not my style. Lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
More updates. Just about down with all of the little details on the motor. It’s all about the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dove in head first this morning. Now that the fun part is done, meaning the motor build, time to get down and dirty. 54 years of dirt and grime accumulation, adds up. The radiator support was in pretty bad shape, and I didn’t do it any favors when I pulled the motor and trans together. Since this is a full custom build, and being a chassis fabricator, I will be building a custom radiator core support, as well as full Monte Carlo support/export brace/coil over mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here my latest update. I’ve got the front end all cleaned up and painted. All new front suspension, coilovers and brakes. All new steering linkage on its way also. I will probably build new outer tie rods/adjusters for bump steer correction. My E2 nose arrived as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Motor/trans is in! Headers installed. Now working on all plumbing under the hood. Just about ready to fabricate my core support/radiator mount, all of my engine bay bracing, and shock mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nose is on, and almost blended seamlessly. I couldn’t believe how bad this nose fit from the manufacturer. I ended up having to cut off the lower ground effects piece that runs at the bottom of the fender, and then trim the fender to get it to line up, and shorten those pieces about 1” to get it to line up properly. Then bolted it together, and fiberglassed it all together again.
541E1796-7F59-4260-8516-CE18A5379247.jpeg
BE4C4F7C-3B59-44FE-B65D-AABD61FA6D09.jpeg
E329579A-F938-4834-A8F7-226FAE56F359.png
4D1757C5-5A09-4EFC-8D74-59554476E687.jpeg
C1A6C2B5-49E6-46A3-9F92-A5870FE42588.jpeg

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Looking good!

I had similar issues with my fiberglass valance (and it's the standard type without the ground effects). Had to cut it a few times to get it to fit right.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts