Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my ‘68 is a bit of a mixmaster and has a deluxe wood grain instrument face and brushed aluminum center trim. The rest of the dash is the original faded camera case standard trim. I can buy a new camera case gauge face reasonably cheap, but I think it’ll look out of place against the rest of the faded trim. Eventually I’d like to replace it all, but it’s not in the cards at the minute. I figured I’d reach out on here and see if anyone has a serviceable take out that they’d part with on the cheep? Thanks in advance!

FB

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
So are you looking for a camera case cluster face and a camera case center piece, good used?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Good question!!! Perhaps the woodgrain parts as the 1967 Brushed Aluminum would be incorrect for 1968...

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oldmil, that’s correct, looking for the used camera case bits. While I love the brushed aluminum and don’t care about it being incorrect, it’s the most expensive flavor and the one I have the least of. The camera case is what would be correct for my car though, and my second favorite, and what most of my dash is.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Should be an easy ticket to fill. Let me check my stuff. Others may be interested in trading if you're game for that....

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be an easy ticket to fill. Let me check my stuff. Others may be interested in trading if you're game for that....
Great, thanks! I’m completely good with trading stuff, but my parts aren’t great shape. Cluster trim has some scrapes and faded chrome, center has two 1/2” holes for switches from the PO.

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious if you ever had the chance to look for this?
Thanks in advance!
FB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts