Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering an 02/ 03 GT conv. Unfortunately I would have to sell my 69 Mach 1 to get it, budget/ space says I can't have both. I don't have the time to " tinker" like I used to. Opinions?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If i was you I would keep the 69 Mach, because in my opinion they are one of the best looking mustangs.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
That's a tough call. The new GT will certainly run rings around the Mach and won't require a lot of tinkering. But it won't have the "soul" or draw the attention the Mach gets. I did that for a while, but admittedly my modern toy was a '97 Z28 convertible. Still, I ended up back with the vintage years.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only I could talk my SWMBO into a change of vehicles, that would be sweet, unrealistic, but oh so sweet.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'm glad I don't have to make that choice. Wife decided on getting the GT and to learn how to drive a 5-speed.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I bought one this year, Sonic Blue with parchment top and interior, really nice car..Handle beautifully. The 260 HP is plenty to get around with for old farts like me. Next year the Mach 1 is back with 300+ some say 360 hp, and the Cobra with about 390..SoI guess it is up to what you really want to do with 260 HP or wait for more power next year. Also adding a blower is said to jump the 260 to over 300..That write up is in the Mustang and Fast Ford mag this month.
Don

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sonic blue with parchment, sounds real sharp. I'm going to take some more time to think it through, but if I go for a new one the top has to go down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts