Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to get a 03 cobra svt with a good drivetrain
My question is this
I have a 67 fastback and have not started the resto yet do to the inability to know what direction I want to go
So I think the coolest build would be to take a running and driving 03 mustang cobra and swap out the drive train from engine to rear suspension has this been done don't seem to find anything any advice and warnings are needed
Please understand I know this is a major undertaking but but would this be a nice combination
Thankyou

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'd think of doing something in the "middle". Saying this, I've almost always tended to go SoT, Total control, or Maier type suspensions.....but if you have a whole sn95 at disposal:

AJE front, IRS swap kit in rear and a drive shaft swap to something better and appropriate length you could be on your way to a really nice and FAST ride.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Just my $.02: AS an owner of a couple SN95 and many different suspension'd vintage Mustangs in my garage, I don't think the newer ones have much on the older. I have tubular suspension on a drag car and an extreme iron winning NASA coupe. Even if it'd run a better lap vs an equally prepped vintage Mustang....It doesn't feel more sporting. I also had looked into the build above and there is VERY LITTLE info available, so this certainly doesn't seem to be the "ticket", LOL. Now an 05' up might be worth the hassle, but not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts