Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Mustang Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody wired in fog lights from a 2005-2009 GT into their classic? I am waiting on my parts to ship and would like to have a plan so that when they get here the install can go as smooth as possible. I would prefer them to have power from an ignitioned source that way they can't be left on when I turn the car off (something I am sure I would do).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,035 Posts
Do you plan to use a relay to activate the lights? If so, you can wire the relay directly to the battery side of the starter solenoid. For power to the switch that activates the relay you can use the center stud on the back of the ignition switch. It is "hot" only in Run and Acc.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
There are some pictures of it being done out there. IMO the GTs look too large in our grills. You might consider ones from a non-GT as they are significantly smaller. Okay, if going for the 67-68 Shelby look in the 67-68, like above, the GTs look to be about the right size. I have seen some used like the GT lights in 65-66s and they just look out of proportion to me for that application.

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
8 Posts

Past owner wired up some from a 05-09 V6 onto my car. Be aware if you have any extra electronics and put these in the stock alternator might have problems keeping up.

·
Registered
1968 Mustang Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 764288

Past owner wired up some from a 05-09 V6 onto my car. Be aware if you have any extra electronics and put these in the stock alternator might have problems keeping up.
My current alternator is only pushing 65amps (according to duralasr). The new lights along with my A/C and stereo might cause issues. Good call

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
My .02 - The factory fogs look like they belong there, anything else on a car with a stock front end doesnt look like it belongs there.

Many dare to be different and more power to you, add chin spoilers to that as well. They look great on cars that the factory put them on, cars that didnt have them as an option - not a fan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts