Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's likely possible to do, if you were to make some adapter brackets along the lines of the ones that Mustang Steve sells for the 94 - 04 Cobra brakes.

From what I recall, the 05 - 06 GT front brakes are approximately 12.4" diameter ... 17" wheels are required to clear them.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Those look a lot like the '02 PBR's I'm putting on my 'Nada spindles :chainsaw:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unless you have the ability and materials to do the fabrication required, it would probably make more sense to go with one of the kits that adapt the SN95 brake on to a classic.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have a set of those 05 GT brakes on the shelf that I bought from Saleen to look at that possibility. The rotors are 12.4" and exact same design as 13" COBRA rotors,same offset and thickness. The calipers are,in my opinion, a heavy duty version of the Cobra calipers, albeit with more springs, and other superfulous hardware on them. Bad part is the bolt pattern is wider than the Cobra caliper. There is barely enough room for the width of the Cobra calipers on the brackets due to space restraints between the upper ball joint part of the spindle and the radius arm (tie rod)part. Plus, the caliper would be closer to centerline, so even less room is there. All that said, It could be done if a bracket was fabricated. When I bought the brakes from Saleen, they cost $49 + $25 shipping for new take-off calipers, hoses, and rotors! I think they doubled that now but still a great buy. I am going to hang onto mine for spares for my 05.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Steve, what about using the 12.4" 05 rotors, clamped by the SN95 Cobra calipers? This might be an option for people who run into wheel clearance with the 13" rotors ...

cheers
Ed N.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts