Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that this is a vynal piece to cover the interior quarter pannel? Laurel Mountain states:
'Covers 1/4 trim panels. Used on Coupes w/ Pony or Deluxe Interior & all Converttibles.'

I don't have deluxe or pony interior but I want the quarters to look new when I order and install a new interior. I don't see new pannels.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Most panels on the rear interior quarter for a coupe are just painted metal with the same embossed pattern as the doors. The convertible has a two part metal and fiberglass panel with padding and a vinyl cover on the fiberglass portion. At least that's the case with on the 67-68, not sure about other years or what you have....

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Deluxe Interior options included vinyl covering on the rear interior quarters.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it seem out of place if I just simply did the standard interior and put the 1/4 trim on the pannels? I don't want to paint them as they have a little rust and would need to be cleaned. This would remove the texture. I would of course clean them and paint them before I applied the material.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, I did. Looks much more finished and a bit more cozy for whatever small passenger rides in back. You'll need the little chrome trim caps for the upper corner of the jamb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts