Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed a drop kit on the rear end of my car this past weekend. The ass end was always alittle higher as you can see in my signature pic. The front sits lower then stock so I didn't touch that. I'm not 100% pleased on the lowering kit yet. I was able to slide the axle over 3/8" during installation because it wasn't centered, but it still scraps a little on the right side. I really don't want to shave off any of the fender lip cause they've never been cut and are original. Hmmmmmm. Do I go to a 215/60 instead of 225/60. Should I get coil-overs to stiffen her up a little? Whatta think?

N

·
0 Posts
What do I think? Your garage is way too clean and organized. Skip the coil overs. When does it scrape? Is it something that only happens once in a while? If it does it quite a bit then go the next shorter/narrower tire you can buy for the rear. I think you nailed the stance myself, nice job

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.. I scraps on every dip now. Just the extreme outside of the passenger side tire is scraping. The fender lip and smooth so it's not cutting the tire. I have 4 1/2 offset wheels now. They don't make a 5" or that would do the job. I'm thinking of going to Discount and have them install a 215/60 on that side and see what happens. If that works I'll swap out all four for 215's ans sell the 225's on Craigslist. Also, 215's should be slightly shorter too, correct? Maybe a 1/4-1/2"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts