Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchaced a 65 c code fast back..motor looks to be all stock..runs great, though a little (read "alot..lol)smoking when first firing it up..my guess is bad valve seals..heads never worked on, so needs hardened seats, among other things..interior is complete..fold down seat..chrome good(for a driver)..could use new seat covers, old(white) ones are wore. exterior chrome is good also(for a driver)BUT..origanally an ohio car, which means..LOTS of rust..most is hidden(as always)last 6in. of frame rails gone, along with the rest of the back end. been repainted about 12 years ago..white with red shelby stipes..looks good from 30 feet..lots of bondo in the 1/4s, and a little in the fenders(bottom)..inner an outter wheel house need replaced also..front end is in great shape..new wheel cyl...brake lines, and master cyl...all new front susp..ball joints..tie rod ends..stab bar bolts and bushings..etc..shocks (front and rear)runs and drives great..all the glass is good, except the windshield has a very small chip in it..gave $4500 for it, the po wanted $5500, but was able to get him down a little...i know im in for alot of work on the back end of this, but the bug bit, and i had to have it..lol...ive been away from owning mustangs for about 20 years...you are all great out here, and i respect your opinion..i dont post much, but read lots..lol..what is a fair price for a fastback in this condition?...also..how do i go about posting a pic of it on my sig. i have a dig camera, and already have pics, but cant figure out how to add it...thnx..Joe

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I have seen cars about like this in the $6000.-$7000. range.
Glad to hear you took the plunge, and bought the car...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts