Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Dallas (The Colony) there is a 1969 Mach 1 for sale, $10,000 Cash, according to the ad. Looks pretty clean from the pictures.

Except it is not for sale for $10,000

The person said he has had such a good reponse he is waiting for the offers over $10,000 now to decide what price he will actually sell the car for.

Anyone else want to get into a bidding war for the car. :(

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
He should have realized that he could get more than $10k before he put a 4sale sign out, unless it is a rustbucket. I don't like bidding wars. No fun.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I hate that! If he is in no hurry he can do that.

When I sold my last car I know it was for to cheap but I sold it to the first person with cash because I said I would in my ad.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
If it was me I'd tell him to pound sand. $10,000
cash is it!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Sounds like he should just put the car on ebay if he wants it to go to the highest bidder ?

I recently ran into this same sort of situation... I asked the guy how much he wanted, after all he has the car advertised for sale and the seller just said highest offer gets it. I said so you just want me to make you an offer and then you will get back with me in a few days ?? I wished him well and left.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey Bob,

I drive through there on my way to work every day. Want me to be an "interested party" and mercilessly pick it apart with the suggestion he sell it as soon as possible before the collector car market collapses? Kind of crummy to do to someone unless they were playing shell games with the pricing in the first place :)

Mark

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,684 Posts
As I've said before, cash talks. If you think the car is worth $10K, put $10K on the table, tell him that is your best offer, and he has 2 minutes to make up his mind. If he balks, pick up the cash and walk away.

·
Registered
259 Posts
As I've said before, cash talks. If you think the car is worth $10K, put $10K on the table, tell him that is your best offer, and he has 2 minutes to make up his mind. If he balks, pick up the cash and walk away.
:thumbup: I agree.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'd tell him to take a long walk off a short pier.

Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
JeffTepper said:
Once he takes a look at the cash, he'll cave like a sandcastle at high tide. Try the cash if it is feasible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
easley $10.000. Are the shock towers trimmed? We need more details. auto,9"rear. Frame condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts