Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 100AMP alternator from Tuff Stuff as well as a new Regulator but not sure how to wire this? they sent a pigtail connector with a Green and yellow wire I connected the "F" connector to the green wire on the pigtail. I think the center wire (black) at 3 prong harness connector is not used (replaced by a 4GA red wire to the battery) and it Looks like I don't need the yellow wire either? the only other wire from the harness it Black with Red strip and that is a ground.

So what I have now is from the 3 prong harness connector, the Red wire is connected to the green wire on the pigtail connector that plugs into the alternator. The black wire from the 3 prong harness connector is not used and the black and red wire on the connector is a ground wire on the Alternator. I will tape the yellow wire on the pigtail as it is not being used.

does this sound correct?

thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There are at least 6 versions of alternators on the Tuff Stuff website that match your description. Is it one of the 7078s?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This is the 68 with stock wiring:

And here it is with the 3G added and the addition of a mega fuse and fuse link. the mega fuse protects the alternator from a short and the fuse link protects the car's wiring from a short. The heavy black line simulates a short. You need to remove the ammeter- it just can't work in this circuit. You can have the ammeter converted to a voltmeter. You can have a light bulb as a dash indicator in parallel with the 510 ohm resistor, or just use a 1/2W 510 ohm resistor:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts