Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's what I saw a new 2003 Cobra run at Maple Grove yesterday off the show room floor. Temperature was about 90 along with high humidity.

I also saw a late 70's mason dump, yes I did say mason dump, run a 12.9 @ 97. I'll post pixs of that one! It had a 385 series with an old Paxton on it.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I also saw a late 70's mason dump, yes I did say mason dump, run a 12.9 @ 97.

heh...pushin' a bit of breeze in the top end, eh? That must account for the wonky mph...

Bring on the pix...Cobra performance sounds just about right...high 12's might be possible with some suspension tuning..

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Actually, Evan Smith from MM&FF magazine took one out to the strip, with only a new blower pulley, and tires (can't remember exactly what kind, but definitely not slicks), and ran a 12.20. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif A bunch of guys on www.corral.net and some other Turbo Buick guys saw him make the run, and posted about it. A couple guys got to talk with Evan too. When I heard those times, my mouth went kind of like this: /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif *G*
BTW, I have no clue who Evan is, except that he writes for the mag, but from what I heard, he's a REAL good driver, so that is probably another reason for the 12 second times. Still, I think it's gonna be sweeeet. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
0 Posts
That sounds great! I can't wait for my convertible that is ordered to hit the ground!!!! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
for 30 grand, it'd BETTER run times like that!!!!

If I put 30G's into my ratty looking 70 sportsroof, I expect (with diligent tuning) 10's!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts