Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to rebuild my 67 200 w/ an automatic. I have acecss to a 65 with a 6 cyl. and 3 speed. I would like to rebuild an engine before I pull my current one. When did they come out 200s? If the 65 has a 170, will it bolt up to my current setup?

G

·
0 Posts
I don't have an answer to your post, but I do have an automatic transmission in my garage that I'm not going to use. I just pulled it out of my 67 fastback but I haven't checked what year or model it is (its not the original transmission). I also have a 390 that I got a while back that you can have if you want to come pick it up. I just thought I'd offer since we both live in Allen. Email me if your interested at [email protected]

Brian aka hecubus

G

·
0 Posts
Howdy John,

The 200 came out in 1963, but in 1965 was upgraded to 7 mains. You'll probably want to look for one of the '65 or later vintage, however, the early ones will work.

Midlife said they changed the block - bell pattern. Not quite. They just added a new pattern for the "new" 3.03 bellhousings. The C4 continued to use the same pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts