VIN : 5F07F126199

Door tag info :

Body - 65A - 2 Door Hardtop Standard Buckets
Color - J - Rangoon Red
Trim - 45 - White with Red Trim
Date - 04E - May 4, 1964
DSO - 53 - Kansas City Sales District
Axle - 1 - 3.00 Conventional Differential
Transmission - 1 - 3 Speed Manual ( Fully Synchronized )

While mostly original, a few items have been replaced to make the car safe and drivable.

Radiator, thermostat and water pump ( I have the originals )
Master cylinder, front drums ( I have the originals ), all 3 brake hoses, all 4 wheel cylinders, hardware, shoes and drums
Spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap, points and condenser
Shock Absorbers ( I have originals )

The wheels are not original to the car. I have the original wheels and the wheel covers ( if I can find them ) are in like-new condition.

I would compare this Mustangs condition to a typical 3 or 4 year old used car, not a typical 55 year old car. It runs and drives like a dream. I have put 850 trouble-free miles on it in the years that I have owned it. It has no mechanical or electrical issues that I am aware of. Everything works.

Please feel free to ask questions.

$24,000. Trade plus cash offers considered but I prefer cash sale. Vehicle is located in the greater Kansas City Missouri area.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about 100 more pictures that I can send to anyone interested. When I try to post more pictures it keeps telling me it's a duplicate post.

Thanks !
-D Payne

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Would like to see more close of pics of the original decals on the top of the air cleaner lid...

Thanks,

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would like to see more close of pics of the original decals on the top of the air cleaner lid...

Thanks,

:eek:)

Tony K.
I'm sorry, I forgot to get these for you. I will try to get out there soon and take the pictures.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very interesting car. The interior looks too clean to be original?
The floor mats and console are aftermarket of course but the carpet underneath them is still in awesome shape.

I think the drivers side arm rest may have been replaced but I have not removed it to determine that for certain.

The rest ? All looks 100% original.

This car has spent it's entire life garaged even from day 1 I was told.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The history I was told on the car was that a young lady from Belton Missouri was attending college in Pittsburg Kansas and purchased the Mustang new in Pittsburg from Vern Plattner Motors on May 15, 1964.

After graduating from college, she returned to Belton Missouri where the car spent most of it's years garaged only coming out on occasional fair weather days.

During it's years with the original owner, another young lady in the neighborhood became aware of the car and would tell her that if she were to ever sell it that she wanted to buy it. One day the original owner, now ready to retire, contacted her and a deal was struck.

Once again the car sat garaged because the new owner had purchased it with the intention of giving it to her son on his 16th birthday.

Fortunately for the car and me, the boy wasn't interested in the Mustang, he wanted a pickup for his first vehicle.

I learned about the car and it's availability from the owners boyfriend who was a salesman who stopped by my work every week,

I have owned the car for two years now and had hoped to keep it longer, but life happens..... I hope to find a good home for it

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It is a museum piece, history worth watching even if not worth repeating. Personally I'd like to repeat it.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Anyway, long story short is I was looking on here to see what a comparable car value would be because I realize after having it for a couple years that it really should be in some collection somewhere, not sitting here getting no views (I almost never use it). If anyone knows of someone that loves low mi. orig. cars then please let me know, it deserves a better home! I'll try to post some photos and a proper listing. Thank you, Lawrence 818-726-XXXX
Looks like a nice one, but the thing is you just basically posted a FOR SALE ad here, even without naming a price. That's a no-no until certain membership requirements are met. You may expect to see your post #17 (and this one by me too) deleted as soon as a moderator stops by in the AM. You just have to follow the rules here, but welcome to VMF anyway!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally get it, I didn't really think of that at the moment "For sale" because it started out as just sharing. I didn't put a price because it's just a loose thought at the moment and not truly sure I want to see it gone! Sorry for the mistake anyway, it won't happen again. Lawrence

1 - 20 of 20 Posts