Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so i am new to all of this but my uncle gave me his old 64 mustang straight 6 and i am trying to figure out how to install the ignition coil

- i need to know where in the engine bay it goes and hot to connect it to the battery/engine

·
Registered
1967 GT500
1,620 Posts
you might want to repost this under the regular "vintage mustang forum" section right under the "new member" category

·
Dimples
5,964 Posts
The coil should be located on the driver’s side of the engine block, on the other side of the fuel pump/filter from the distributor. If it’s assembled, you just follow the middle wire on the distributor cap.

·
Registered
38,178 Posts
Power wire to the ignition coil is RED with a GREEN tracer and connects to the ignition coil "+" post. BLACK wire from the distributor connects to the ignition coil "-" post. Coil mounts in a bracket that is attached to the engine, to the rear of the fuel pump... see pix below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts