Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in the contact area on the steering wheel between the 1964 1/2 and 1965? I have power on the wire under the dash to the horn, but I can't get it to work with the horn button. The ring is new, the spring is there, the contact springs are there, but it wont work and it just doesn't "feel" right, like if the spring were not there...but it is! Thanks!!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I've been told the 64½ Horn Ring has only one contact button, and the 65 has two. I haven't checked to verify this yet, but I can if needed since I have both.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That may be may problem then. I have two horn contacts (the small brass looking springs that rub against the contact ring, right?). Maybe someone put the hardware in the steering wheel for a 64 1/2 when the column is from a 65? I can push in/ground the contacts and make the horn blow, but I can't figure out how pushing the horn button with the steering when installed makes it work. Like I said, it just doesn't feel right. I have a wiring diagram/break down book and everything seems to be there. It's driving me nuts!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I believe that Wizco is correct on this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts