Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1964.5-1966 Mustang History Question

982 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Derk_1965Coupe 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I am attempting to find some history on my car. I have owned it since mid high school (about 2010ish). I know Marti does history reports for cars after 1967, but I haven't for the life of me been able to find a way to trace the history of cars prior to that. My question is this: Does anyone know of a way to trace history reliably pre-1967 mustang history (other than self-research through DMV/prior owner tracking)?

Thank you,
Derk

#3 ·
What about ordering a CarFax on it. I think they show ownership changes and may list the last owner or two - certainly won't have info back beyond about 10 years though. Another possibility is to see if the DMV offers any kind of ownership history report, although doubtful.

#4 ·
You can use state DMV lookups, sometimes even Google a VIN and you may find where it was offered for sale before, and there are a couple of Mustang registries online that may help with info if it was registered previously. Good old leg work is kinda fun and mysteriously exciting. If you tell us the last 6 of your VIN we can possibly help narrow down a build date range if you're missing the buck tag. The door data plates are a scheduled date and are just approximate.

#5 ·
5F07C639983 is my VIN. Engine has been swapped, rear end has been swapped. It currently has a heavily modified '74 302 (.030), with a ford 8.8in rear end with 3.73 gears. Transmission is a rebuilt early c4 (modern internals and gear selector pattern), with a stage 2 shift kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.