Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,913 Posts
Welcome to VMF.

A lot can happen in 50+ years and lots of things can be forgotten. I can see non-original radiator overflow tank, battery cable and what appears to be an inline fuse holder in your photo. I'm quite sure that somebody went a little wild with paint spray cans in the distant past.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm aware of every change dad made to the car including the overflow tank which was done recently...that one he was tired of loosing fluid on the ground. He also fixed the oozing oil that used to settle in the pocket of the water pump housing until recent years....wasn't a big deal but annoying to see motor oil sitting in that pocket. He was anal about not altering the paint on the car....and was always annoyed at car shows because it never won anything because it wasn't perfect like the repainted cars. But refused to do anything about that. The two professional appraisers who have gone over the car (once in 1991 and then this year) both agree that the paint is as it came...both say they have heard of these cars existing but had never seen one themselves. Both appraisers added about $10,000 to the value to the car because it is un-molested survivor.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts