Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hints to do install please....standard studmount rockers ok? rough estimate on pushrod length? etc....

tks

rob

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll let u know next week when I assemble mine.. I ordered push rods for a roller conversion I believe they are 6.4" witch is about half way between a roller length 6.25" and non roller 6.8".. I'm using 70 302 heads on a 92 roller short block.. I admit though, the best thing to do would be to get a rod length tool, and measure to get the proper length.. Other than that, nothing else really changes.. I am using a standard felpro gasket set for a 302..

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I'd start with the standard 5.0 pushrod (6.272" IIRC), and go up or down from there. I'd bet it's within .100".

The only other drawback that I can think of with early heads on the late roller block is that you cannot remove (or install) the lifters with the heads in place. Later heads were changed to allow this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used stock 5.0 pushrods on mine. I'm running '66 289 hi-po heads and valvetrain geometry looks right on. Also running 1.7 roller rockers on 7/16 studs.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I just put my heads on the short block and it looks like the 6.4's are right for me... Using Stock 70 302 heads and rockers witha 92 roller block and cam..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts