Vintage Mustang Forums banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like F-150s, Mustangs and maybe Crown Vics from the mid 90s had the flat style 4r70w pan but Ford replaced them all now with the min-sump version now. I had one on a 4r70w from a 96-97 (w/4.6) Mustang that had a flat pan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes indeed, at this particular moment they are working. Tomorrow? An hour from now? Next week? Who can say? Folks, find somewhere reasonably reliable to host your pictures. This otherwise wonderful thread that turns almost worthless every time the popsicle stand picture hosting site stumbles is prime example of why.
I "Print Screen" anything I may need for reference for just that reason.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It would be nice to convert some of these threads to pdf. I built a pdf file for one of the EPS threads, it just takes a bit of time to copy the text and pics.
I'm just bring this up because it may help someone else. I had saved this post, copying and pasting the pictures to a Word doc. I checked the file this morning and found all the 30+ pictures were too dark to see. On all previous occasions they were fine. I spoke to my son who is a software engineer and he said to save the pictures to a folder on my drive as jpgs, then reinsert them into the Word doc. He said that Word will save them as bmps and that was probably the problem. So it took a couple of hours of work to straighten that out, but this post is well worth saving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realize it's an old discussion but it is almost exactly what I'm starting now. I pulled the motor 4.6L 4V DOCH and 4r70w out of a 98 Lincoln M8 and will start the process of dropping it in today. I was hoping not to cut the trans tunnel and I think your post solved this for me. If you see this thank you.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts