Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the screen in the rear quarter vent assemblies get painted semi gloss black or does it stay natural? Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thank you so much for the response. It didn't look like they had ever been painted on my car but you never know what time may have done. Thanks again

·
Registered
462 Posts
As above post.. natural chrome look, the thing not to miss is the "BlackOut" in the vent area where the vents insert into the sail panel. In other words if your car is white , you should not see any color paint (black only) when looking into the vents. Hope this helps. I had mine installed and then learned of this, removed and corrected. Looks better now my car IS white. Blackout makes the vents "pop". Hope this helps.

·
Registered
442 Posts
the thing not to miss is the "BlackOut" in the vent area where the vents insert into the sail panel. In other words if your car is white, you should not see any color paint (black only) when looking into the vents.
In other words, paint the front pocket of the quarter vent opening black, otherwise you'll see body color paint through the front gill as it's up against the body there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts