Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a heavy heart that my 65 genuine GT is for sale. Looking to buy a house, so unfortunately toys are getting consolidated. Originally a 4-speed, A-code engine, in parchment white with blue interior, it is now black on black, running a C4 and a later 289. The stance is one of my favorite things about it, rear up sitting on meaty 295's and the functional 429 Boss Scoop upfront alongside the hood tach.

Runs strong, reliable and is a lot of fun, with its 3.80 Trac-Lok which is filled with Valvoline High Performance 80w-90 Gear Oil. Distributor is recurved to 18 degrees of mechanical advance to a total of 34 degrees. Engine is running Royal Purple 10w30, the transmission is filled with B&M Trickshift fluid and has had the bands adjusted. Steering box and balljoints have been treated to some fresh Ford Genuine Fluid XG-1-C Premium Long-Life grease. I recently fitted a JBA Tri-Y header and stainless GT exhaust system. It sounds fantastic!

Has had the following new items while I've owned it:

Engine:
Gapped (0.045) Autolite 45 sparkplugs
Air Filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Coil
Edelbrock 500 cfm AVS2 carb
4 Hole Phenolic spacer
Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator and gauge
Battery cut-off
Weiand Stealth Intake manifold
MSD Ready to Run billet distributor (mechanical and vacuum advance)
MSD Coil
MSD HT leads
Harmonic Balancer
Ron Morris Motor mounts
Edelbrock Valve/Filter Covers
JBA Tri-Y headers
Stainless GT Exhaust system
Fuel hoses
PCV valve
PCV Hoses
PCV grommet
Fan Belt

Transmission:
Shifter seal
Band adjusting seal
Pan/Gasket
Transmission Filter
Billet Servo
Stage 1 Valve body
Lokar kickdown cable/brackets

Body:
Zerk fittings added to upper control arms and greased
Hood Pins
429 Boss Scoop
Hood Tach

Axle:
3.80 Trac-Lok 3rd member
Valvoline High Performance 80w-90 Gear Oil

Interior:
Black rim steering wheel
B&M ratchet shifter
Parcel tray
Heavy molded carpet
Windlace
Interior soundproofed with SDS CLD tiles, CCF, MLV, Hydrophobic foam)
Floor mats

Future plans included relocating the battery to the back, so included are a battery box, full cabling and a mechanical battery shut off switch, amongst many more parts.

There are still a few small things here and there that could do with improving, but it is a jump in and enjoy car. Tags are about to expire but I'll put a fresh set on before she goes. Based in Culver City, Los Angeles. Have had these old cars all my life and know how to look after them. I guess it's time to take a break from classics, but my time will come again! Asking $17k. Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anything, I'm sure there's plenty I have forgotten!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts