Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i cant seem to get this wiring right ! On the back of my altenator theres a terminal with a black boot around the base then theres a terminal with a red boot then a terminal with a white boot. Now i Have 4 wires one black/yellow stripe,black red stripe,white,white with black stripe . Now what goes where pleeeease HELP! Im going bald tryn to figure this out.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
If you don't have an answer you need with by 6:00 I'll look when I get home. the black w/red stripe should be split (it's a ground) one going to the block and the other goes into a male/male/female 3 prong(?) connector.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the wiring diagram i have shows the black and red wire starting at the altenator then ground then voltage regulator . But my wiring diagram also only shows 3 wires i have 4! #@%$
any help would be great =-)

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
White/Black=Stat terminal (alternator) goes to S post on voltage regulator

White=Field terminal (alternator) goes to F post on voltage regulator

Black/Red=Ground Terminal (alternator) goes to ground bolt on block and "T"ed to ground bolt on voltage regulator

Black/Yellow=Other terminal (don't think it's labeled, and it's just for the radio suppressor).

Make sure you're looking at '65 wiring diagrams. The '66 diagrams are entirely different, as they use entirely different harnesses.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Do you have the 5 gauge dash or the falcon dash? Here's the setup:
Falcon dash:
Black/yellow goes to BAT
White/black stripe goes to STA
White goes to FLD
Red/Black goes to Ground.

GT Dash:
White goes to FLD
Black/Yellow goes to BAT
Red/Black goes to Ground.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes stator is what im missing! Thank you wiring god!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts