Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an Aluminum heater core in my 65 heater core after the old one went south. Now I cant get en heat inside the car. Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Was heat working at all before replacement? How is operating temperature? Two things come to mind, blend door (is that what they called them back then?) and thermostat. If the thermostat isn't opening correctly, you won't get hot water to the heater core. If the blend door isn't operating, you won't get air flow over the core. So check the cable controls for the heater.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Air stuck in the system can cause issues, too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree with air in system. May have to park on hill or raise front. AND go through a few heat cycles as well. Just ensure overflow is full while allowing to cool, or you’ll get frustrated.

While filling the cooling system, I will try to leave hose attached from intake to heater off so air can purge out of heater core. When coolant begins to come out of intake and heater hose, I’ll reattach. Otherwise, I just allow the heat cycle and park on incline to do it.
And dress appropriately for winter inside car. 😁

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
It might help if the moderators can move this thread to the general forum rather then the Wheels and Tires Forum,..more traffic. 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts