Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a web site or does anyone know how many cars were produced by color? I have a 1965 Caspian Blue w/convertible top and have not seen any cars with this color?
Thanks

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Ford destroyed all their pre-1967 records (computer records were volumous in those days, and no one thought they'd be needed again). No one knows anything exact about production before then, although there are some educated guesses based on registries.

There are certainly other Caspian Blues out there!

·
Registered
485 Posts
YEA-MAN,,I got the Caspian BLUUUE'S. ::

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Although the original records for '64.5 - 66 cars are not available, the Mustang Production Guide has percentages based on the cars reported in their database. Since the numbers are not truly random, they can only be used as estimates.

With that in mind, the guide reports that 7.4% of '64.5 cars and 9.7% of '65 models were painted Caspian Blue. Using known production figures of 28,833 '64.5 and 73,112 '65 convertibles, you can estimate that 2,134 convertibles were Caspian Blue in '64.5, and 7,092 Caspian Blue convertibles were made in '65.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
cool info , you wouldent happen to know how many convertables like mine where made would you? a 1972 lime green white top and interior? ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Why don't you get a Marti report? It could tell you everything on your '72!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
why get a marti report ? im just going to sell it . they only made 6,200 or so and ive never seen a lime one!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Well, for $7 you can find out EXACTLY how many Lime Golds were ordered. It's always a good selling point to have documentation to back up your claims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts