Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of rebuilding my convertible top frame on my '65 and I'm in the middle of the disassembly process. The right side clamp needs to be replaced and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the latch handle truss head connector bolt. I reviewed many other posts on this topic and most refer to a threaded truss head bolt. I've seen photos on some posts that show truss head bolts with a Phillips style head. My bolt just has a rounded head. Replacement bolts shown on NPD show a Phillips screw head but also indicate this is only for post 4/1/65 cars. Mine is an 11/64 build and it looks like it is a press-fit bolt. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
My clamp assembly also used the rounded-head connector. I believe that there is a roll pin that goes into the side of the clamp to keep the connector in place. It was many years ago that I worked on this, so I may be wrong.
good luck
Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I found the roll pin, but getting it to move after 56 years of being in place is another story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts