Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now in the welders shop a 1965 convertible. all original car (one repaint). 289 C code, 3 speed manual no options. Car is currently getting new floors, inner rockers, floor replacement and may get (since I have the parts) quarters, wheel house one side drop and the other side trunk floor.
I did not intend to restore this one now but I did not want to wait either. Car is available for $6500 with new inner rockers/floors done professionally (not show but NO one would be unsatisfied- the guy is an artist), or I will sell with more work done or completed. Rare car is very desireable color/ TBIRD color twilight turquoise. Complete car not played with great project to take over with the floors done making easy work of the remaining restoration. Tony 201-891-6412.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know what more information you need. I have owned many, I like this one more than most. While relatively bare option wise (like the only option was V8) I thought/still do think it was neat because of the color combo. My welder is one of the best, so with the floors done someone could expect to have something stronger than original (structure wise) and a Great platform to start from. If the car is not sold before the floors are done, I will quickly proceed to quarters at the same time and just do the car complete. I just am finishing a silver blue 65 vert and a rangoon red 65 vert so I know I will not have the cash flow available on this one. But everything will still need going over or replacement; IE interior, top, canvass, rest of body (doors, fenders reworking - as I have a nice hood and trunk lid), chrome, mechanicals to include brakes, tires, fuel system, and minor engine details (fluids, fresh tune up) minimum, so figure that to I would figure on replacing Battery, Radiator, Water Pump, Alt and Starter, belts, hoses. The huge plus is nothing is disturbed under hood or inside. Tony 201-891-6412.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, and if interested I have the parts to make this car a 4 or 5 speed, and will package a deal if interested. Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts