Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would show my 1 year progress. My body hurts, but it's been a great time so far and the car now handles like it's on rails and stops on a dime.
I did all of the work by myself over the course of the fall, winter, and spring. I just finished her up last week. So fun to drive! It's literally a difference in handling you can't describe until you experience it. This car is intended to be a driver. Last year in summer I put about 4-5000 miles on it. This year I hope to do more. Even with it's 3-speed manual, it's a blast to drive.

The general list without going too granular...
  • New fuel system (tank to the pump)
  • Dynamatted interior
  • New 2.5"borla pipes from headers to magnaflow super 40's dumped out at the axle.
  • Wilwood 6 piston front disc conversion.
  • Mike Maier Inc MOD 1 front adjustable coilover suspension kit. (Includes, UCA, LCA, Big Spindles, Swaybar,, etc)
  • Mike Maier Inc Shock Tower Brace
  • Mike Maier Inc Rear Leafs, lowering blocks, and BIlstein shocks.
  • Mike Maier Inc Panhard Rod Kit

Long term goals... a full driveline re-work. Want a t5 eventually, a POSI rear end, and a 347 stroker or something equivalent that can bring me near the 500 horsepower club.

Here is the car when i picked it up

Here is the AFTER

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Can I ask why you went Borla pipes and magnaflow mufflers? Borla = $$$ and the sound comes from the mufflers, pipes is more or less pipes.

Car looks good, and i bet its a whole new car to drive.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
987 Posts
Perfect stance!!! Love it!!

Chris

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I ask why you went Borla pipes and magnaflow mufflers? Borla = $$$ and the sound comes from the mufflers, pipes is more or less pipes.

Car looks good, and i bet its a whole new car to drive.
I actually chose the Borla because of that. The piping quality is top notch compared to the cheap overseas pipe produced, and the weld-free clamps are a no brainer.

I chose the magnaflows for the sound.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Love it!! What a transformation.. You must be psyched!

Ill be the first to ask.. what are tire/wheel sizes and brands?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Great looking car. Ya nailed it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice transformation. Big fan of the wheels. You don't see them every day on Mustangs. I like to think of them as the British Version of American Racing Torque Thrust wheels. Being lightweight magnesium wheels, they were very popular on race cars in the 60'ies. Most notably the legendary MK1 Ford Lotus Cortina.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Very nice! Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts