Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states, this is the first year 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback. It was a very nice car before the restoration began and is now stunning! The paint and body work was done by C&L Customs. The car was covered with German Standox paint ($1100.00 per gallon), followed by (4) coats of clear coat, wet sanded to 5000 grit and then had (3) final buffings. Below are the highlights.
1) 289-V-8
2) 4-speed manual transmission
3) period correct cast iron 4-barrel intake
4) Auto-Lite 4100 4-barrel carburetor
5) Hurst 4-speed shifter
6) New carpet
7) 80 ml Kilzmat sound deadener
8) All new interior upholstery
9) Shelby-style rims
10) Shelby-style valve covers and air cleaner
11) Shelby-style steering wheel
12) Shelby-style top and side stripes
13) Shelby-style side exhaust
14) New upper and lower control arms, wheel bearing, shocks
15) Detailed engine bay
16) And more that my old *** can't remember

If you are looking for a 1965 Mustang Fastback finished as a Shelby GT-350 then this will make you and your collection proud. An original 1965 Shelby GT-350 sold at Barrett Jackson in 2017 for $445,000.00 plus the 10% buyers premium. Have all of the fun at fraction of the price with this car. According to the Cars of Particular Interest (CPI) collectible vehicle value guide, these cars are continuing to go up in value. BEWARE: you will get A LOT of attention when you drive this car in public. This is a fresh restoration and I welcome questions from serious buyers. I will only answer phone calls so do not waste your time texting. There will be no test drives without funds previously approved by my bank. Serious buyers are welcome to call me at 919-619-4061. I have this car on Craigslist for $57,000.00 due to the hassle and potential scams. For Vintage Mustang Forum members I am asking $47,000.00. Located in North Carolina. Thanks for looking, Scott

Tags: Ford, Mustang, shelby, 1965, 1965 Mustang, Shelby Mustang, 1965 fastback, Mustang fastback, 1966 fastback, 1966 Mustang, Ford Mustang

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice looking car! Disk brakes? Why does the clutch pedal seem so far off from the brake pedal?

Thanks!!

Chris

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice looking car! Disk brakes? Why does the clutch pedal seem so far off from the brake pedal?

Thanks!!

Chris
It has power drum brakes. I don’t know, that’s how the car came to me before I started the restoration. It drives easy and feels fine. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
A very nice clone... But, Quite A few things that stand out... for a '65 Shelby.... Wrong Seatbelts, Engine Block is the wrong paint color (Should be Black for '65), GT-350 Rocker Panel Stripe is wrong (A very big boo-boo)....The car has a '66 GT-350 Rocker Panel Stripe, The Correct '65 GT-350 Letters and Fonts were huge on the Forward Rocker Panel Stripe.. Car has some minor panel fitment issues...and finally the car has a beautiful Steering Wheel, but it's an "Optional" 1966-1967 Shelby Steering Wheel Reproduction.. The '65 Shelby would have had a LeCarra type steering wheel like what was installed on the Shelby Cobras. The car also has the wrong year 1966 Dashpad which is really bizarre....Why?!?? Also, On the Dash, The '65 GT-350 Guage Pod is missing... Again, Why??? The '65 Shelby Dash Horn Switch is also missing. For almost 50K, You'd expect some of these items..

It seems that a lot of nice things were done to the car, but a lot of things were also missed...really basic cheap ones too... Strange.

With all that being said, It's still a nice car..

Tony K.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Beautiful car! $1,100 per gallon paint! Good gosh! If I was rich......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your split craiglist/forum pricing backfired on you here.

I just found this ad, but I had seen the auction listing and planned on going until I saw the craigslist post and figured the reserve would be higher than I was willing to pay. I went to the mountains with my wife instead.

If the car was straight, I would have paid more than the hammer price ($35,000). If I did not win, I would have at least bid the other guy up.

It's a good looking car.

Regarding the stuff that's wrong on it (engine color, dash pad, stripes, etc.) I could fix that in a day for less than $400 except the stripes and it seems like 3/4 or more of the '65 replicas have the '66 stripes because the '65 stripes are a pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts