Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some issues with my lights. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. If they come on all of them work if not none of them work. Could this be a ground issue I need to track down?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I assume you are talking about all the interior and exterior lights, is that correct?

How old is your head light switch as all the wiring for just about every light goes through it? See attached diagram. Yes, I know it is for 66, but they are so similar, and both have the lights tied to the headlight switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you are talking about all the interior and exterior lights, is that correct?

How old is your head light switch as all the wiring for just about every light goes through it? See attached diagram. Yes, I know it is for 66, but they are so similar, and both have the lights tied to the headlight switch.

Yes it is both interior and exterior lights. I have had the car for roughly 5 years and I know I haven't changed as long as I had it. I don't take it out much but sometimes the lights work and sometimes not. If the switch was bad would they work occasionally?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If the switch was bad would they work occasionally?
It is possible. I've had this happen on old chevy's. Sometimes they'd start working by jiggling the switch. Sometimes it's just part of the deal with old switches as the contacts get bad. Sometimes they'll make contact, sometimes they won't.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is possible. I've had this happen on old chevy's. Sometimes they'd start working by jiggling the switch. Sometimes it's just part of the deal with old switches as the contacts get bad. Sometimes they'll make contact, sometimes they won't.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. Looks like a fairly cheap and easy fix this time. I have learned so much since I bought this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts