Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1965 Mustang Fastback project car. Original RED/RED C-Code 289 2V fastback, Automatic transmission, no other options of mention. This is an extremely early fastback, which has many late 64 1/2 components, such as the early headlight buckets, hood, screw-down wiper bezels, two speed heater, "A" air vent knob, etc, etc.

This car needs a complete restoration. Rear trunk pans, short rear frame rails, and tail light panel have been cut off for replacement. Quarters are still in place, but also need replacement. Needs some underbody pans as well. Has very useable front front frame rails, underbody rails, shock towers, inner aprons, and rear torque boxes but needs the typical sheetmetal repairs elsewhere. The car has an excellent & straight roof/pillars/sail panel area. A good bit of the sheetmetal has been purchased for the metal that needs replaced (quarters, wheelhouses, valances, trunk pans, frame rails, crossmembers, etc), and all of these parts are included with the purchase. The car is 98% complete, and a very worthwhile project for someone inclined to do such repairs/restoration. The engine, trans, interior, etc are all in place. Two additional (better) doors are included, all glass is included.

This car is far from the worst I have seen given the price. NO, this is NOT something you are going to drive home. The car has not been started in years, and needs a complete restoration. Please no time-wasters, or picture collectors. SERIOUS INTEREST ONLY.

Price is $3500/extremely close offer. Car is located near Dayton Ohio (approx 20 minutes north of Dayton). Delivery is possible for additional costs. I have some pics available at this time. If no one is interested, I will be putting it on ebay in the coming days.

Please email me directly at [email protected] if you have questions/interest. No trades, and SERIOUS INTEREST ONLY. THANKS!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two things regarding this car:

This is the third or fourth earliest Mustang fastback accounted for in the 'In Search of All Mustangs' database! One of the earliest fastbacks to be found, AND, if there were such a thing as a 1964 1/2 Mustang Fastback, this is about as close as it gets!

Secondarily, this car was believed to be sold as of last week. I emailed several people telling them it was sold, and the 'check was in the mail' which it is not....If you were one of the numerous people who emailed, and you are still interested, email me back at [email protected]

Price is firm at $3500, and will be going on Ebay towards the end of the week if not sold via this site. Thanks for all who have responded.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is no longer available. Thanks!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not to be rude, but next time you need to post about a car for sale, you should put it in the for sale section :lol: :smirk: :lol: ;)

military_stang
:track:

·
Registered
682 Posts
wow is all i gota say... i clicked on the VMF forum, and it routed me here...hehe, sorry bout that...

military_stang
:track:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't know where you're stationed, but thank you for your service to this country! I really appreciate it. Take care.

Roadhog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts