Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete 65 Mustang Fastback 2+2 project for sale. C-Code 289, automatic, factory power steering. Not running. Original Wimbeldon White with blue interior. Has some Shelby parts on it. Rusty and needs complete restoration. Clear NJ title that matches the door tag and fender apron. $6500. Call me with any questions 609-320-8025 Matt. Located in Mullica Hill, NJ 08062.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Honestly, that thing looks like an absolute mess to me. I am having trouble finding a single panel that could be reused. Looks like it need s complete quarters, fenders, doors, decklid, hood. I am sure the floors need to be done and if the top is in that condition I can only imagine what the structure underneath looks like.

Sorry if that is harsh. And I don't think the price is totally nuts or anything but the car really is in very rough shape.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
As I said I'm not saying the price is ridiculous or anything but to be fair people can ask whatever they like for their car. It doesn't mean that an asking price represents the actual value. I'm not trying to be argumentative I just think the car will require a TON of sheet metal replacement is all.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Anything rusted completely through? Does the engine at least turn over or turn by hand?
When I said the car is rusty, that means it's rusted through. If a car isn't rusted through anywhere, then that means it's not rusty. I haven't tried turning engine over.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It will definitely some serious work....the North East Termites haven't left much. For the person with the time and skills, it might be worth doing a little price haggling. I have seen cars that looked much better that were totally eat up with rust, so one that looks like this would totally scare me off. Seeing pictures on here of what some guys have started out with gives this one hope though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts