Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coupe with AC , I am wondering if a convertible or shelby console with fit a coupe?
If console has opening for automatic shift, can it be converted to accommodate 3 speed shift?
Also, has anyone painted a console to match interior, example a black console to Palomino Bronze colour.
If you can let me know I would appreciate it.
dan

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
They are not all the same. They start out the same but were trimmed at the factory depending on application. The Convertibles have the bottom trimmed to fit over the Convertible 1 piece seat riser. In 65-66 Firedog is correct, to go from Auto to manual trans, you have to change the shifter trim plate. You'll also have to remove the wiring for the Automatic shifter lighting.

I have painted one before. Dark blue to light blue. It came out pretty good. You'll have it a little tougher going from a real dark to light color. You can't put on the dye too thick without covering the grain. You'll need lots of light coats.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
you must use a coupe or fastback console as the extra floor supports on the convertible require cuts to the base and will look way off on a coupe the stick conversion is easy, I have one here in N.J. But shipping may be high BRUCE [email protected]

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
hi dan I have a black console for a/c for sale here in hudson right now its 3 or 4 speeed shipping from floirda Free $400

·
Registered
443 Posts
I went from black to Ivy Gold, looks great. Lots of light coats. Just a dusting, wait 10 to 15 minutes, re-coat and repeat over and over again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts