Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 ,V-8 car with factory disc brakes & power steering . The passenger side spindle is jacked up and I need a replacement. I also have a 66 ,V-8 parts car with drum brakes , are they the same spindles?? Can I just swap them out or are the specific to the disc cars??
Thanks

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I would start with a part number. Cast on the vertical inward facing portion of the spindle. Brian

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
65 & 66 are the same, and no difference between a disc brake and drum brake spindle, jus make sure they are V8 spindles.
Too bad that isn't true.
There is an early V8 spindle (C4ZA) that was designed for drum use only and a later version (C5DA) for disc that also works for drums.
They are not exactly the same, steering arm position is one such difference.....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I have a 65 ,V-8 car with factory disc brakes & power steering . The passenger side spindle is jacked up and I need a replacement. I also have a 66 ,V-8 parts car with drum brakes , are they the same spindles?? Can I just swap them out or are the specific to the disc cars??
Thanks
If you can’t find a replacement passenger side disc brake spindle and want to use those drum brake spindles you have, you can just buy the conversion brackets like these

Rusty

·
Premium Member
4,369 Posts
Or upgrade to the heavier duty 70 spindles on both sides?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Another option, but $$$$

Rusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts