Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1965 GT A Code Coupe with a 289, four speed, and disc brakes on the front. For the most part this car is stock and, according to receipts from the previous owner, he restored it circa 2008. I have many of these receipts from this work. The car currently reads about 78,388 miles and runs well

I purchased the car about three years ago with the intention of doing some light restoration, but family and work obligations currently have all my time. The car runs well and looks great, minus a unpainted hood scoop the owner put on. The most major issue with the car is typical Mustang rust in the seat pans. The trunk is clear of rust as are the quarters. In order to sell this car honestly, I took out all the carpets to take pictures and then put them back in. Note that I have applied rust inhibitor to all of the rusty areas before putting the underlayment and carpet back in.

In order to verify it to be a GT, I looked at all the indicators I have taken pictures. This includes the GT exhaust hangers below the rear seats, the dip below the speedometer, the steering box coded as a 16:1, shaft 41 7.8, and model year 65/66, Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, a 4 speed top loader transmission. The engine build assembly date code is "6F17L" which I think means June 17, 1966.

Regarding the cowl, I did a water test by pouring water from a watering can into the cowl vents and the interior stayed dry, I put down towels and detected no water.

The car is located in Hudson County, NJ.

The previous owner left me a custom audiosound radio with Bluetooth that I have not installed. The radio is currently not installed due to the previous owner having installed a system under that dash that I removed. He also left me a pair of inertia reel seatbelts that I have not installed.

Price: Asking 17,500 or best offer. Please present any offers if you are at all interested, I would rather sell to a VMF'er.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics - Trunk and the door tag

Pictures of the trunk and door tag. Note that, I removed all the carpeting and the trunk spare tire and jack to take pictures. Everything has been reinstalled.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Floor pans

Again, for full transparency, I wanted to show everyone the floors. I have subsequently coated all the floors with rust inhibitor.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GT Items

Here are pictures of some of the GT specific items including the steering box tag, the 4 speed transmission tag, the Kelsey Hayes breaks, the GT dip below the speedometer, the 140 speedometer, and the exhaust hangers underneath the rear seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very noble of you to go through that much work to give an honest look into the condition of this car, good luck with the sale!
Thanks Gatsby, I appreciate it. I believe it’s the right thing to do. Hopefully I can find a good next home for the car.

Thanks all for looking.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Thats a shame. I hope you are advertising it pretty widely. It costs ~$100 to list on ebay with a reserve price and i think it would be well worth it. So many people have been cheated by buying hidden crap I hope you are rewarded for being forthright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts