Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 65 mustang i would like to know how to find out what the original interior and extior colors were.
if any one knows how i can get this info i would be a big help i have been looking for 6 years and i cant find it. ::

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm assuming you are missing the data plate on the door. If so, have you tried to pull the dash pad off or look under the carpet? These are good places to look for orginal paint.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the plate info i just cant find the right place to look for the info i want like a search on the internet a web site that can pull it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CodeCracker™ results for 5R07T250055
model year: 1965
built at: San Jose (Milpitas, CA)
bodystyle: Hardtop
engine: 200 CID - 1V
consecutive #: 250055
body series: Hardtop - "Decor Group" bucket seats
scheduled assy.: July 30, 1965
exterior color: "Silver Smoke Grey"
interior trim: Red crinkle vinyl
sales office (DSO): Dallas, TX ("DP")
axle ratio: Unk. code - check entry
transmission: Unk. code - check entry
DO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS A PONY OR STANDARD INTERIOR??

·
Registered
948 Posts
"Decor Group" = Pony Seats, should be code 65.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just set it up want sure how to get there.
every one i have ask says that the pony strip on the back set should be the same color as the rest of the set.(back seat is the one i think is original)but they are not the same color and i cant find them any where.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The Pony panel on original seats was made of a different material than the rest of the seat. In some colors it always looked a little different and in some it wore differently over time which might make it look darker. Some combinations the pony panel was another color all together. For example, the panel on an Emberglo and Parchment interior is brown. I believe the panel on a parchment interior was actually close to green. The reproduction seats do not duplicate the material or the different color. If you want you can do like I did and dye the panel the appropriate color.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/498000-498999/498044_23_full.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts