Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1965 Mustang project, car is completely disassembled and was on rotisserie for restoration, this is an A code car that came with front disk brakes, factory four speed, rally lights, full gauge package, four speed console, dual exhaust thru rear valance, etc. I have purchased all the parts for the restoration in addition to replacing the running gear, the 289 engine and the T-10 transmission with a rebuilt 1968 302 with the ’65 K code exhaust manifolds and an aluminum tri-power intake manifold – the engine has roller rockers, Crane cam & lifters, I do not know the specs. Also has a toploader four speed with rebuilt original shifter & new flywheel, many of the original parts have been glass blasted, primed and painted. The original engine & transmission will go with the car. Also the third member can be replaced with the included rebuilt Traction Lok differential.

The car will include new interior – Pony interior seats, new sat padding, carpet, door panels, headliner, scuff guards, and new re-pop GT steering wheel. Re-chromed bumpers. All the glass is included and good, two sets of doors, the originals and a set of re-pops, two hoods the original and another off a 1965 parts car, a complete set of rally wheels, and a complete set of steel wheels with new Cooper tires installed. All new brakes, calipers, disks, power master cylinder, new drums and rebuild kits for the rear. All new suspension, coil springs, leaf springs, shocks. All new steering, original car did not have power steering, kept it that way but purchased all new steering components. New front sway bar and bushings. All new brake lines as well as fuel lines.

The body is rust free but will need to be completely stripped and refinished, the top had skim coat on it where there was some damage, so this will need some attention, and the new panels will have to be installed and adjusted. The underside was stripped, cleaned and coated with a rubberized undercoating from CJ Pony Parts, looks great. It does have a new radiator core support, not sure when this was installed.

I know I am forgetting parts that I have accumulated for the restoration, as far as I know the car is complete nothing has been left out except the three carburetors that go with the tri-power, didn’t want to purchase these and have them dry out, but they are available online. I purchased this car in rust free California about three years ago, it had been in a barn since 1981 ( last sticker on the original California plates ). In fact the only rust I could find was surface rust on the roof where the previous owner had started stripping the paint and skim coat and a quarter size hole on the bottom of the passenger side door. I do not have the time or space to get back to work on the car – no real garage where I live now. The parts are all in a storage unit in town. I have about 14K into the car and parts, heck the toploader with the shifter was $1850 itself. The rotisserie is included, in fact everything in the storage unit with the exception of some tools, supplies, and the tires & wheels to my truck are included.

Asking 10K or best offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly, but not at the 10K price, I could rent a truck and drive it out there, but it is like 4000 miles round trip to Tomahawk. Penske will rent the truck one way for roughly $1200.00, fuel would be $800.00 and then I have to fly back home, plus expenses, motels & food and something for my time, this probably adds about 4K to the price. If you wanted to come out and pick it up, my sons and I would help load. The pacific northwest is beautiful this time of year, actually year round. If you have a buddy with an enclosed car hauler, or a equipment trailer with sides and ramps.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I lived in Medford Oregon years ago and agree, beautiful side of the country. I figured that transport would be an issue. There is no real straight line between me and you. This is a great deal for someone. I wish you luck! Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts