Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I have a 1965 2+2. I just put on new wheels and tires. They are a bit taller and a bit wider than what was on it. The back is at the height that I want it, but I need to raise the front. The car was originally a straight six, but now has a V8. I know that they came with heavier springs for the eight cylinder engines. My dilemma is this: I want to raise the front one inch. I am unsure what to do. Should I get new springs? If so, which springs - six cylinder or eight? Would you recommend spacers, for the ease of installing? Would spacers be any easier than replacing?

Thank you in advance,

Danny

·
Registered
36,557 Posts
I agree, replace the springs.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assumed that spacers would not be the right choice, but I wanted to ask.
I am more interested in the amount of lift that I get (I want approx. 1") than handling performance. I am sure new springs of any sort will ride better than the 54 year old stock springs. What do you think would be the best way to get the lift I want?

All four tires on my mustang are 215/65R15. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Danny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts