Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It should also be Palomino.

G

·
If the car came from the factory with a full-length console then it most definitely would have come with woodgrain inserts. Have seen short A/C console both ways.

G

·
Oh yeah, you can buy repro wood grain. Try to find the type with the metal backing, otherwise you'll have problems with it peeling up.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It's $49.95, but it still "peels" right where the console goes from horizontal to sloping up towards the dash :confused: unless you're lucky. Check the lengths also, some are a little too long and overhang requiring trimming to size with a tin snip.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I might have a complete extra set for an a/c car. I thought I had lost the first set I bought, and then found it after I bought another (of course!).

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
66EmbergloGTConvertible said:
It's $49.95, but it still "peels" right where the console goes from horizontal to sloping up towards the dash :confused: unless you're lucky. Check the lengths also, some are a little too long and overhang requiring trimming to size with a tin snip.
On an a/c console there is almost no upward curve and the end cap covers the last couple of inches where it barely turns up.

And I'm pretty sure I have a full set I don't need.

Hosted on Fotki

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
CharlesTurner said:
If the car came from the factory with a full-length console then it most definitely would have come with woodgrain inserts. Have seen short A/C console both ways.

Always considered the possibility that the ones without (very few I've seen) were those installed at dealerships or after.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I haven't ever seen a low milage unrestored 65 with Delux interior and AC that had woodgrain on the console,including the two that I have owned.My 10K vert's console was factory installed and dosn't have the woodgrain applied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts