Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
I'm a new member based in Australia.
I have just had a Rockford Fosgate stereo system installed in my 1965 coupe.
I have kept the original/reproduction cassette radio in place to control the system for the old skool look and play my old tapes.
The problem I have ATM is the radio seems to have a faulty aux output going to the amp etc.
I bought the car with the radio already in it, so would be 10yrs old plus and figured it worked.
I think I can get a new reproduction cassette radio online.
Though my question is, has anybody else kept the cassette player with the new stereo system and it worked well together.?
I'd like to keep the cassette player, though I know it could be replaced for a modern head unit..
Will getting the new cassette radio unit solve my problem.?
Cheers 👍

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
The cassette radio you speak of, unless a very rare 8-track player, is not original but was a common replacement in the 1980s and early 1990s. Ken Harrison and Custom Autosound were the manufacturers, I think. If you still have cassettes and listen to them, and yes, you can send your signal to an amplifier for improved quality in your sound clarity and volume to newer speakers. Cheers!

·
Registered
770 Posts
There are companies that will retrofit stock and vintage radios with modern electronics to work with new components. Old school looks with new school tech.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cassette radio you speak of, unless a very rare 8-track player, is not original but was a common replacement in the 1980s and early 1990s. Ken Harrison and Custom Autosound were the manufacturers, I think. If you still have cassettes and listen to them, and yes, you can send your signal to an amplifier for improved quality in your sound clarity and volume to newer speakers. Cheers!
Thank you very much for the information mate.
That's great. I didn't want to go and fork out the bucks for a new radio unit unless it will do the job.
I will follow up a new unit and see if anyone here can fix the one i have.
Cheers 👍
There are companies that will retrofit stock and vintage radios with modern electronics to work with new components. Old school looks with new school tech.
Thanks very much for the information mate.
I will follow up to see if there is someone here to fix the unit I have if not look at buying a new replacement.
Cheers 👍

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
For that matter, you could retro a nice original or switch to a very original-looking system for not too many dollars...
Or, just install some stand-alone Bluetooth speakers that come on and pair with your phone or other device as soon as you turn on the ignition and enjoy digital quality sound with no commercials from your play list from the web, or record your cassettes to a new digital media that will never wear out! Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts