Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, what screws are in the steering column that tighten the collar up.. I have one of the screws, but need to buy new ones, can Anyone Help. Looks like a #8 x 3/4" screw to me? I am not saying it is the correct screw, it is just one that is in my column.
Ruler Font Office ruler Measuring instrument Plant

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
185 Posts
If you are referring to the 2 bolts that secure the steering column into the captive nuts in the underside of the dash, my bolts are 5/16"-18 x 1.25".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I am talking about the 2 screws that go from the top to the collar itself

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
185 Posts
Cartoon Natural environment Organism Rectangle Font

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know if that is the correct screw or not, it is just the one that is in my column.. Trying to find out if it the correct screw?

·
Registered
65 Mustang Caspian blue coup, disc brakes, equaloc rear, power steering, 289 auto >100k born Nov 64
218 Posts
Hello, what screws are in the steering column that tighten the collar up.. I have one of the screws, but need to buy new ones, can Anyone Help. Looks like a #8 x 3/4" screw to me? I am not saying it is the correct screw, it is just one that is in my column.
View attachment 867936
your in luck, just removed my column. My Nov 64 has most all original bolts/nuts, that I have found so far. To my knowledge , this is a pick of it. Looks like a lock washer? One came of the other?

View attachment 867936
Wood Cosmetics Fastener Brush Auto part

Road surface Asphalt Wood Automotive tire Denim

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
I dont know if that is the correct screw or not, it is just the one that is in my column.. Trying to find out if it the correct screw?
I believe I know what you're talking about. It's a pair of black screws that connect the part #3511 to part #3790 in the diagram your provided. They're sort of hidden underneath the turn signal switch. They're about 1" long and coarse threaded with a Phillips head. The screws go through #3511 into a pair of holes drilled in #3790. Correct?

I had my steering column apart a couple of months ago and think this is what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures and can't really provide you any info on them unless I pull my steering wheel off, etc. Hopefully someone reading this will have an "A ha!" moment and provide more information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts