Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of 4 piston K/H Disk Brakes at the pickNpull and was wondering if these would bolt up to my sons 66 V8 mustang? He has 15" wheels.

·
Registered
663 Posts
no they are different. The calipers, rotors, spindles, mounting plates and caliper brackets all different.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Some track cars used those calipers with a specail bracket. If you look at the Cobra Automotive brake kit , it uses those calipers.. I would keep them, might make good barter!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info...I didn't get them yet. Sacbill and I measured the rotors at 12". I did quite a few searches at autozone, napa, and kragens websites hoping to find a p/n cross reference, with no luck.

Just a shame to leave K/H calipers with those large rotors behind. :(
I will continue to search the yards for a granada swap for my sons car.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Where's the pick n pull? I might stop by there on my way up Saturday and check it out. Do you know what they'd charge for 'em?

Robert

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Had a set for years, could never figure out how to use them, but then again, I am not smart, and didn't try really hard.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I would really like to get a set, so if one of the sets mentioned is available, please PM me, or email me at [email protected] -- Tom a.k.a. Fy

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I've heard of these being used on early Mustang road race setups. These calipers are found on many full-size cars from 65-67. If I remember correctly, they require Maverick DRUM brake spindles with the drum's hub assembly, 68 LTD rotors, and a custom aftermarket caliper mounting bracket. The rotors, spindles, and hubs are easily found and inexpensive. The catch is the mounting bracket. I've only found one source for them, and the price is $350/pr. I've collected many sets of these calipers over the years but haven't used any yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts