·
Spammer Hammer
11,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,578 Posts
Yeah! Oh and don’t forget to move the camera out from behind that sticker. Be a pal, Patrick. Us vicarious types need our fix.

·
Spammer Hammer
11,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #805 ·
@Caper50 check here…

The build is essentially over. So not much to report there. I do have the steering column yanked out of it right now to adjust the Woodward brackets for a better angle. Hoping for more knee room.

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts

·
Spammer Hammer
11,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
Oh. Yes I use a Woodward collapsible column (similar to NASCAR) with quick release. The issue was when the roll cage fabricator welded in the knee/dash bar, he placed the spherical ball column support behind the knee bar. Consequently, the ball was hitting the brake/clutch pedal bracket preventing me from being able to angle the column up away from my legs. Generally, the bar brackets in the pic below are supposed to be mounted to the knee bar oriented as they appear in the pic. Mine were behind the bar. Fortunately, I had just enough room between the dash and the knee bar to slide everything out and reverse it. Now I can heel and toe because I can get my knee and leg raised and rotated...where as before I could not. Now I need to replace the accelerator pedal to make it a little easier.

801 - 813 of 813 Posts