Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,837 Posts

Attachments

·
Spammer Hammer
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
It would just confuse everyone…everyone refuses to pronounce my name correctly. I’m always like…how do you pronounce that thing on your desk???

·
Spammer Hammer
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #851 ·
So here is one problem I fought all weekend long…until I glued the MC cover to the MC. New MC was blowing brake fluid from under the cover and through openings in the firewall coating the pedals, floor, and my feet. Not a lot of fun to drive that way…

Also provided enough lubricant to allow the throttle pedal screw to work its way loose causing the pedal to fall off while entering a heavy braking zone down a hill entering a turn. Yep…went straight off because my foot got jammed between the throttle pedal and brake pedal. Luckily I didn’t hit anything.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Asphalt

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
WOWZERS - - Thankful for you that it didn't result in damage or serious injury.

John

Reactions: patrickstapler

·
Spammer Hammer
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #853 ·
And that was a light session...after a 20+ minute session, the entire floor pan was full of fluid to the point where it was pouring out the drain hole. The MC had about 1/4" left in the bowl. Scary $hit after I realized it. That's when it got filled and glued together.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,358 Posts
Wow!!! Glad you didn't wreck the car or more importantly yourself.

Chris

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,358 Posts
The brightside is your floor boards will be clean and that brake fluid didnt get on your paint!

Chris

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Isn’t there some safety wiring or other Speed Racer stuff you can do for stuff like this?

·
Spammer Hammer
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 ·
You do what you can to stay on track when your at the track, but yes…in hindsight the pedal screw would have been better to have loctite on it. However, it would have never happened without all the damn brake fluid spraying on it.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
You do what you can to stay on track when your at the track, but yes…in hindsight the pedal screw would have been better to have loctite on it. However, it would have never happened without all the damn brake fluid spraying on it.
I blame Holly. She’s QC on this. What kind of policies does she have out on you?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
So, I was expecting a picture of a car that had been on it's lid on the back of a flatbed! I'm relieved! Old cars, and old race cars break all time as you well know and I'm super happy your "off" had room to stop before hitting stuff. I switched to a modern Ford MC with a plastic reservoir for the viewable fluid level and I guess the tight fitting screw on cap is a bonus.

·
Spammer Hammer
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #860 ·
$1M….really.

It wasn’t that bad. The other issue is I either broke my shifter or grenaded the trans in the last race on Sunday. I have watched the video numerous times to try and decipher what occurred. Nothing stands out. I haven’t gotten a chance to get under the car yet.

841 - 860 of 876 Posts