Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1965 TRAKUPE Build Thread

80K views 887 replies 43 participants last post by  Turnall 
#1 ·
Finally got time to take some more pics and decided to go ahead and start a build thread. Since I have yet be successful at uploading decent quality pics from my phone or my camera that meet maximum file size limitations, I went ahead and created a Photobucket account. So I will post pics there for viewing. Now I will say my build may not progress as quickly as some here but my goal is to finish within two years and hopefully push that as close to one as possible.

Link to photobucket:

1965 TRAKUPE Photos by patrickstapler | Photobucket

#432 ·
I bought my re-pros a while back, one came in black the other in oxide red. I also bought the fender extensions. It didn't take a whole lot of work to get them to fit. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I often think of Revology cars when a discussion of re-pro metal comes up or when I curse a re-pro part 😂 Boy, they sure don't have any trouble with them.

#450 ·
View attachment 767234
Is this for when you’ve breathed too many fumes or for when Allen uses the booth? Asking for a friend....
You seriously not only saw that but took the time to blow it up to a point the rest of us can see it? My dizziness is usually liquid formed...

Allen

PS...That booth is to die for...

#467 ·
You forgot the cutouts for the 6 x 9 Jensen speakers!

#473 ·
Patrick, i am envious. You seem to get quite a bit accomplished. I struggle to get one day a week or even every other week to work on car lol. I look forward to your next update, carry on lol
He does have at least two people ragn his arse almost daily to get it done [emoji38][emoji2957]

Mark

#472 ·
Thank you Sir. It has certainly been a process. Learned a lot. Car was an empty shell in March that needed both quarter panels replaced. I’m basically done with what I can do. Still need to fab door panels and the aforementioned package tray. Driving to Birmingham Friday to pick up a piece of aluminum sheet for those. Car is supposed to go to the body shop weekend after next. Fingers crossed.

Ordered my HANS tonight.

I’ll add I have followed your build as well. You are far more advanced than I.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.