Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many correct restored 1965 convertibles with the 200 engine would I expect to find at the Charlotte show? I am not looking at how much competition I might run into. I am looking for correct examples to take notes from so I can get mine as close as I can to correct. Mine has a Jan. 9, 1965 date. Does any names pop up as examples I might contact? I am located in Indiana if any are close. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
At a Grand National in the east, you will probably see a few 65/66 I6 cars. 65/66 should work, you don't really have to worry about a build date. And, as far as the engine compartment, for the most part it won't matter if it is a coupe, vert or fb.

G

·
0 Posts
Are you talking about concours or street driven?

There are several 6 cyl's in MCA concours circuit I have judged. If you have specific questions or want to e-mail me pictures to get my opinion, send to [email protected]

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I know of a 1968 California Special with a 200 that will be at the show. In fact, it will be parked right next to me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The concours class would be a little closer to the way it was built. I will drive mine some but I am trying to pay extra close attention to details as I rebuild it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,926 Posts
I can certainly relate to what
your saying. I have a 65 Fastback
with a 6cyl and have been looking
at other cars only to find every
one different. I live in Cincinnati
and travel to southern Indiana.
Leave me a E-mail at [email protected]
maybe we can help each other out. Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts