Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I added Classic Air vintage ac to my 1966. It utilizes the original evaporator case with an upgraded evaporator and modern compressor. We were just sitting in the car idling with the ac running when I heard a slight "pop" and the ac just quit. Doesn't matter where the settings are, and it didn't blow the inline fuse. I'm pretty sure it's electrical. My underdash harness was rebuilt by midlife, and all other wiring is new. Everything else works fine, except the horn. Any ideas?

·
Registered
35,493 Posts
Define "quit". Blower but no cooling, no blower, or what?

·
Registered
35,478 Posts
Did you actually TEST the in-line fuse? Don't know how the Classic Air is wired so.... Horn not working, if that's all of a sudden and potentially related could be caused by a tripped/bad breaker in the headlamp switch. If so, brake lights, tail lights and instrument cluster lighting probably won't work, either.

·
Registered
35,493 Posts
Sounds like a blown fuse to me. Replace the fuse. If no function returns, get your 12V probe out and find out where the electrons are stopped. Your power source should be the threaded spike on the back of the ignition switch, start there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts