Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of installing a small tach where the ammeter sits. I'd like to make it look as OEM as possible.

Anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Can't ever remember seeing a tach in that location, but it's a great place to convert to a voltmeter like P-51 said. I did my own and it almost looks like it came from the factory.

Reactions: kenash and Caper50

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ saw this in another post. Nicely done.

I spoke to Rocketman Bob. No tach option for that location from him. He's likely right it would be too small to be very useful.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Its hard to beat the look of the '65 GT-350 setup but it will not work with a '66 padded dash, Somebody needs to make a '66 padded dash with a build in GT-350 gauge pod. My '66 GT-350 just has the tach screwed to the top of the dash. I wish they would have done something like they did on the 1965s.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
This gauge cluster will work on a '66

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Pictured is my solution to Tachometer fitment on my 66. I can still read my speed because the end of the Speedometer needle shows behind then column mounted Tach. Granted, I can't see the odometer but I don't care about that.

Tach.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts