Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy today and he says there are no shift kits for a 1966 c4. Is this right?Thanks,Tony

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
im pretty sure you can get one from transgo.,thats what my tranny guy wanted to put into mine. not to mention ,ive heard frorm just about everybody that trans go is a much better kit than the B & M . my tranny guy said people always complain that the B & M hardly makes much of an improvement at all in shifts when compared to the trans go. my gf 66 has a B & M shift kit, and it hardly shifts any better or firmer than mine with a stock rebuild.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had a transgo kit in my 66, and I was very pleased with it. I also have their stage II kit in the 67 style valve body that is now in my car, and am very happy with it too. I would highly recommend their products. PN# SK4L is for the 65-66 C4.

Dave

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
There is a shift improver kit from Trans-Go that provides a quicker shift with less overlap. The problem with 65-66 C4 is that you can not manually shift, I guess you can from 1-2, but 2-3 can only be automatic.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts