Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the answers and posts over the years but I am now selling my Mustang since I purchased a newer one. Most of the expensive stuff has already been completed and now just needs a little seat work and some items put back together. Not a show car by any means (some paint chips) but is a good solid and quick car. It is a restomod in that it is updated but tried to keep it as stock looking as possible to the casual observer. It was originally a 289-2v car with a hard to find stick shift (3 speed). Here is a list of the major upgrades:

5.0 Engine from a late model (~ 7,000 mi after rebuild, forged internals and TFS main stud girdle),
AFR 185 heads,
XE266HR Cam,
Wieand Stealth Manifold,
Holley 600 CFM Carburetor,
Mallory MaxFire ignition,
4 core radiator,
T-5, 5 Speed transmission,
8" 3.55 Traction loc rear end,
Dougs ceramic coated 1 5/8" Tri-Y headers,
Magnaflow mufflers,
Subframes,
15x7 Styled steel wheels,
BFG Traction TA P215/60R15 tires,
620 1" Lower front springs with Shelby A arm drop,
New upper control arms,
4 1/2 Leaf mid-eye rear springs,
KYB Shocks,
Roller spring perches ,
Front Disc Brakes,
GT Appearance, not a true GT,
Pony interior (originally standard),
Custom Autosound radio

Other notable parts included: Console and Rally-Pak (clock non-working)

The inner and outer frame rails, torque boxes and floors were replaced by Hall's Repair and Restoration (they specialize in vintage Mustang restoration). I also have all the receipts from 1999. I'll be sad to see it go but want someone to put the final touches on it and enjoy it. It is in Ashland, NE.

$18,500.
https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1966/ford/mustang/100770901

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Lots of advice from this forum went into it as well but I'm sure most can say that. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts